Although ANY born-again child of God technically has the right and the authority to do spiritual warfare against the enemy, you need to be READY to do spiritual warfare. You can’t just waltz in and do battle with the devil unless you are right with God, or you stand the chance of getting beat up (see Acts 19:13-17). Confession, prayer and no hidden sins. Not only does God already KNOW about any “hidden” sins, but Satan and his demons saw you doing them, and are aware of it in that way. This doesn’t mean you have to be perfect, but just that you are on the right track, so to speak, and willing to be obedient to God. If you are involved in any of the activities controlled by Satan and are NOT willing to give them up, truly repenting, you will not be very effective in spiritual warfare. You are still yielding your will to Satan! Don’t think you can call the psychic hotline one minute, and then resist the devil or do any kind of warfare the next. Don’t think you can be involved in adultery or fornication (that’s old fashioned language for ANY kind of sex outside of marriage, including sexual fantasies and pornography) and be successful in spiritual warfare. If you have truly repented and left all this behind you, and these things are all in your PAST, that’s okay. You certainly do not need to be perfect. I’m talking about Christians who want to straddle the fence – who are double-minded. James says “PURIFY your HEARTS, you DOUBLE-MINDED.” Being DOUBLE-MINDED means you are still entertaining some of the devil’s thoughts or just your own SELFISH thoughts, and your mind and heart are not completely the Lord’s.
What Are the Signs of Demonization
Per all of the articles we have in our Spiritual Warfare section on how to deal directly with demonic spirits, the first thing you will need to do once God leads you to work with someone who may be demonized, is to make sure that it really is demons who are attacking this person and not something they are imagining or conjuring up.
If demons are attacking someone from the outside position and they are not actually in that person’s body, this is what you call basic demonic “oppression.” These types of cases are much more easier to deal with than an inside case. Just find out what their legal rights are, properly break them before the Lord like we have showed you how to do in our other articles, and then command the demons to leave the person in the name of Jesus.
However, when demons are literally living on the inside of someone’s body, this is what you call “demonization.” But again, the rules are the same. Find out what their legal rights are, properly break them before the Lord, and then proceed to cast them out in the name of Jesus.
However, these inside cases may be a bit tougher and there may be some additional things you may need to do, depending on how many legal rights the demons are operating on and how long they have been on the inside of that person in the first place.
In this article, I just want to concentrate on the very first thing you will need to do if you are working with someone who has demons living on the inside of them. And that very first thing is to determine if there really are demons living on the inside of them.
Here are some of the basic signs and manifestations you may come across when dealing with someone who has demons literally living and operating on the inside of them.
Since we cannot see demons with our natural eyes like we can see people and material objects in our natural realm, you will need some of these types of signs and manifestations as guideposts so you can determine whether or not you are dealing with a person who is really being demonized from the inside of them.
1. The Person Will Already Know They Have Demons on the Inside of Them
The first “sign,” the first “tell” you will have on these types of cases is that the person many of the times will already know that they have demons living on the inside of them. They will tell you they can sometimes hear voices on the inside of them and at times can actually feel or sense the demons moving “in and out” or “up and down” in them.
Many of these people may at first be very reluctant to admit this to anyone for fear that they will either be misunderstood or thought of as being crazy.
But by the time the Lord leads you to these types of cases, many of these people will be ready to work with you and they will be more than willing to tell you anything and everything on their story so you can properly work with them to get them completely delivered, as many of them have been bound up and under torment from these demons for quite a long period of time.
So the first thing you will need to do is to not turn these types of cases away when they do first come your way, as there is always the possibility that it is God Himself who is guiding this case your way so you can try and work with them to get them completely delivered from these demons.
Just listen very carefully to the person’s entire story and then be led by the Lord and His discernment on the case so you know whether or not you are dealing with the real thing.
One of the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit is the gift of discerning of spirits. And part of this gifting is where the Holy Spirit Himself will give you the supernatural ability to be able to see or sense if this person really does have demons operating on the inside of them.
2. Look For These Basic Demonic Manifestations
As you are listening to the person’s entire story and how they may have gotten these demons on the inside of them in the first place, look for some of these basic demonic manifestations in their story. And also do not be afraid to ask the person if they have ever had some of these basic manifestations occur with the demons.
Now here are some of the basic manifestations that demons will do with the people they are inhabiting.
One or two of these manifestations may not be able to stand by themselves, but when you get someone that has quite a few of these manifestations occurring on some type of regular basis, then the chances are very good that they really do have demons literally living on the inside of them.
- Hearing voices on the inside talking to them. These voices may also refer to the host in the third person.
- Feeling or sensing the demons moving on the inside of them. Feeling pressure and movement in the head and stomach areas. Demons can also attack the central nervous system so it feels like the person is going crazy at times.
- Having bad and frequent nightmares, sometimes with the same bad and horrific nightmare being repeated over and over again.
- May have seen some of the demons in an actual vision.
- Can sometimes smell the demons, who have a very putrid and toxic smell to them. Demons can also smell like burning sulphur at times.
- Will have strong, inner compulsions to do bad things that are not in their normal behavior patterns like having bad thoughts of suicide and murder. Can also have very strong addictions to things like drugs, alcohol, and pornography.
- Abnormal fascination with the occult or any type of criminal activity.
- Abnormally strong feelings of rage and hate in them that are not a part of their natural personality and makeup. Demons can also transmit heavy feelings of despair, hopelessness, depression, and that they have committed the unpardonable sin of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.
- Irrational fears, panic attacks, and phobias on some type of a regular basis.
- Periods of having loss all sense of time from minutes to actual hours and can sometimes end up somewhere and not knowing how they got there. Also, regularly doing things for which they have no memory of actually doing.
- At times, can sense an evil presence on them, in them, and in the houses they live in.
- Will feel cold spots in certain areas of the houses they are living in with these cold spots not being by any open windows.
- Will sometimes see dark shadows running across some of the rooms in their houses, especially in their bedrooms.
- Can have poltergeist type phenomena occurring in their houses such as material objects flying across the room, doors opening up and slamming shut all by themselves, drawers opening up on their own, hearing footsteps shuffling across the floors and scratching type noises on the walls, along with the electricity going on and off and material objects actually disappearing.
- In the more extreme cases, the person can literally find themselves levitating right off their bed at times.
- May have the ability to speak in a foreign language of which they have no natural knowledge of.
- Can be capable of great, abnormal, physical strength.
- Can receive mild to strong trembling and shaking sensations on different parts of their bodies. Can also receive choking sensations and a tightness around their head and eye areas.
- Abnormal amounts of dizziness, blackouts, and seizures.
- Very heavy, uncontrollable twitching type activity on certain parts of their bodies like their face and their arms.
- May have had some out-of-body experiences, especially in cases of sexual abuse and satanic ritual abuse.
- Have a very hard time in praying and reading from their Bibles. Can also have an actual revulsion of the Bible to the point of wanting to try and tear it apart or burn it.
- A compulsive desire to want to curse and blaspheme God and Jesus.
- Can have multiple personalities in them which are known as alters.
- May have tried other kinds of treatments and medications from other psychologists and psychiatrists with no real help or relief ever being given to them.
- The demons can at times take control of the vocal cords and speak right out of the person’s mouth. When this occurs, the tone of the person’s voice could change, like a woman speaking out in a man’s deep, husky voice. Demons can also emit animal like sounds out of a person’s mouth and vocal cords like the hissing of a snake, the growling of a lion or tiger, or the emitting of a baying type howl like a wolf. They can also let out very loud screams and yells, especially when being directly confronted by the deliverance minister during the actual deliverance itself.
- The demons can also manifest in the person’s eyes where you can see them literally looking at you. What you will see when this occurs is pure evil and pure hatred looking at you. You will also see this look from the demons being captured in some of the person’s past photographs, as some of these demons love to show themselves in the person’s eyes and countenance when photos are being taken of them. Another type of look you can see when the demons are looking out of someone’s eyes is what I call the “hollow look.” When you see this type of demonic look, it is like you are looking into someone who has no personality. They will look “soulless” and “lifeless” to you when you see this type of look coming out of their eyes, and you will also know that it is not the personality of the person you are looking at.
- Different types of facial contortions which no longer look like the person, such as glazed eyes, blank stare type eyes, eyes rolling backwards where all you see are the whites of the eyes, and stretching the skin of the face into a contorted, hissing like expression.
- Different types of bodily contortions like people slithering across the floor like snakes, getting on all fours and barking like dogs, growling like lions, or howling like wolves. Abnormally stretching out their spines, fingers and hands locking up and going rigid, and demons grabbing a hold of a person’s throat in order to try and stop them from talking with you. The demons can also whip the head in a very rapid side-to-side type movement, stretch the neck out as far as it will go, along with jolting portions of the body causing those portions to move in a very rapid side-to-side type movement.
If the person has had any of this type of activity in their background, or if any kind of this activity surfaces or manifests while you are talking or praying with the person, then there is a very good chance that you are truly dealing with a person who has demons living on the inside of them and they will now need a full scale deliverance from the Lord.
With many of the churches still not doing enough in-depth teaching on this subject matter, you still have some people sitting in many of the churches across the world who are being demonized like this on the inside and they feel totally hopeless, helpless, isolated, and alone.
They feel that if they try and speak out on their conditions, that people will either not believe them, or if they did, they would think they are evil or that there is something mentally wrong with them. They also do not want to deal with the possible stigma of having demons attached to them.
As a result, they slip underneath the radar screen in most of the churches they belong to and no one, including most of their close friends and family members, even knows they have demons living on the inside of them.
Sadly, most of these people go on for the rest of their earthly lives and never get set free from their demons. This is why every single church should have some type of basic teaching system in place on this part of our walk with the Lord so people like this will not be afraid to try and reach out for help.
This little website alone has stirred up some of these hornet’s nests, with people coming to us with demons being attached to them, but with them being too afraid to go to their own pastors for fear of either ridicule or disbelief because this subject matter is never talked about or taught on in the churches they have been raised up in.
Once you start talking about these kinds of issues, and give people some basic working knowledge to fully understand it, then they will be willing to come out of hiding and seek help because they will then feel that someone will understand what they have been going through.
But if you never talk about it, then they will assume that you are either not interested in it, you don’t believe in it, or you are too afraid to deal directly with it yourself. As a result, most of these people will never get delivered, and they will then have to battle this inner torment for the rest of their earthly lives.
1. To any of you out there who feel like you do have demons attached to you, but have never sought out help for some of the above reasons, it would be our strong recommendation that you reach out to, either, us or a trusted minister IMMEDIATELY. Then, continue to search for a good deliverance minister in your area who can work directly with you to get you set free.
God is raising up more of His people to be able to do deliverance, and there is a very good chance you can find someone in your area who will be able to stand with you and fight for your deliverance. That is, if you will invest the time and effort to try and find this person if you are not confident enough to try and do a self-deliverance on your own.
Ask God to guide you to this person and where they are located, and the Holy Spirit will then move to guide your steps so you can find the right minister who will then be able to set you completely free from these demons.
2. If by chance you know someone who does have demons attached to them, but they have never sought out help for some of the above reasons, do not be afraid to approach this person and offer them your time, help, and assistance to try and find a minister who will be able to set them completely free if you do not feel comfortable in trying to do this yourself.
A woman’s roommate was being seriously demonized on the inside of her as a result of her engaging in ‘white’ occult magic. She then decided to take on her case and got her roommate fully delivered from the demons by seeking after the right deliverance minister who could get the job done for her.
She had to go to three different pastors, but the third pastor she found was able to get her roommate fully delivered from her demons. And all of this all got accomplished because she just took the time to do this for her roommate, since her roommate was too afraid and too bound up to try and do it for herself.
I have seen God move time and time again on these types of cases if people would just step out of their comfort zone and take on these kinds of deliverance assignments from time to time.
One of the main ministries Jesus is calling all of us to do for Him is to get people delivered from the works of the devil when we do come across these types of cases. You can either learn how to do it for yourself, or you can help guide these people to the ones who will know how to do it for them if you are to afraid to try and learn it on your own.
But either way, we should not be having people with demons tearing them up on the inside sitting in our churches when this type of subject matter could be easily taught on in every single church – especially with Jesus Christ Himself telling us to include the deliverance ministry as part of the Great Commission that He has asked all of us to do for Him.
We hope this article will help educate and enlighten some of you on some of the basic demonic manifestations people will experience when demons are actually attached to them, especially with demons who are living on the inside of them.
Good afternoon. I believe that God is calling me into ministry- and-deliverance specifically. Do you have any resources available? I sat under a deliverance pastor many years ago. I also completed her discipleship class. I fell away from God bc I didn’t quite understand. He called me back to Himself last year- and opened my eyes. I have a very long testimony- which includes deliverance from many things- drugs such as-heroin, opiate pills, crack, adderal, methadone, etc. I was also delivered from depression, ocd, bipolar disorder, extreme anxiety, suicidal thoughts, and other LIES of the enemy. I was also delivered from anorexia. I endured sexual, physical, emotional and mental abuse as a child and in some of my adult years. I was rejected by biological relatives, parents (my mother was possessed for sure- anorexic since the age of 16, extremely abusive mentally/physically/emotionally- she sexually abused me as well. At 80 pounds FIVE doctors couldn’t hold her down in the hospital..). I was also involved with horoscopes, had crystals, etc. I can keep going on and on- BUT GOD!! I am completely free- He moved me over from darkness to His Light- from death to Light. Now, I am on the path that I should be on- waiting for Him to direct my path. God bless you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Its an exciting and terrible calling, for sure. It sure sounds as though you have been in the “training grounds” for much of your life. Glory to God that you are coming out the other side stronger for it.
There are a number of resources out there…only a small few that I trust completely. As you can imagine, the “doctrine of demons” has made its way into much of the teaching on deliverance and exorcism. It took some time, but God led me out of heretical teachings I fell prey to a while back.
Send me an email and we can chat further. I’ll give you my phone number and a link to some material that i highly recommend.